To use any RCC resources, you must first sign-up for an account. This page describes how RCC accounts work.
Who is Eligible
Any FSU faculty member can create an RCC account. This account provides a general level of service on the HPC and Spear, and access to various other srevices.
FSU students, staff members, and individuals who are not employed or enrolled at FSU can create RCC accounts provided that they are sponsored by a faculty member. You must specify who this faculty member is during account registration, and this person must explicitely approve your request. Refer to the account policy for full details.
All FSU employees and students who create an RCC account must use their FSUID as their primary RCC username. All non-FSU collaborators must create a guest account username.
New faculty accounts will be activiated within 24 hours of your completed registration.
Non-faculty accounts who specified a sponsor during registration must wait until that sponsor approves your request. The account will remain in pending status until the sponsor approves the request. The sponsor will receive an email when your registration completes. Subsequently, he or she can login to the RCC website and approve or deny your request.
Once a sponsor approved an account request, that account will be activated within 24 hours.
You must change your RCC password at least once every 180 days. Our system will automatically disable and delete accounts with stale passwords. Specifically, the system will take the following actions:
- After 180 days of not changing your password, our system will send you a warning via email;
- After 200 days of not changing your password, our system will disable your account until you reset your password; and
- After 360 days of not changing your password, our system will automatically and permanently remove your account from RCC, along with all data stored on our systems.
If you are a faculty member who maintains an RCC account solely for the purpose of sponsoring other accounts, and you do not need access to the HPC, Spear, or other systems, then you do not need to reset your password. If you do not reset your password, your account will revert to "sponsor-only" mode. In this mode, you can manage sponsored accounts on this website, but you cannot login directly to our systems.
A sponsored account-holder may request to change his or her sponsor at any time by using the account management section of our website. The new sponsor will need to approve the request before the new sponsorship becomes active.
If a sponsoring account is disabled or deleted, all associated sponsored accounts will rever to pending status, and must choose and be approved by a new faculty sponsor before logging into RCC systems again.
Managing Account Settings
You can update your email, password, preferred shell, and other account settings using the Manage Account section of our website.
Additionally, you can manage any resources you control (such as groups, HPC partitions, or Spear systems), and request access to different resources.
If you are having trouble using your account, refer to the following common scenarios. If none of these match your issue, please submit a support request.
- Account not Active or Locked - Visit the Manage Account section of our website to view your account status. Accounts are generally locked out due to password expiration. You can reset your password on the website to re-enable your account. If your account has been de-activated or deleted, you may need to contact us to reset it.
- Forgotten Password - You can easily reset your password at the Manage Account section of our website.
- Cannot Connect to Servers - Are you off-campus? If so, you will need to use the FSU VPN to connect to RCC Systems. Refer to our guide. If you are on-campus or using the VPN and still cannot connect, check our news to see if any systems are offline.
- Need Access to Group - All users are enrolled in our General Access group, which provides access to basic resources at the RCC. If you need to enroll in another group to gain access to a particular server, storage resource, or HPC queue, you can do that at the Manage Account section of our website.